Coventry- Victor Three Wheeler 1933
Coventry-Victor was a British motorcycle and car manufacturer. Originally Morton & Weaver, a proprietary engine manufacturer in Hillfields, Coventry, founded in 1904, the company changed its name to Coventry-Victor in 1911. The company still exists as AN Weaver (Coventry Victor) Ltd.
By 1926, the company found a new scope of activity: they launched their own design two seater, three-wheeler car with the single wheel at the rear. There were four versions, the Standard, the Sports, the De-luxe and the Parcelcar with prices starting at £75. It used their own horizontal twin cylinder engines of 688 cc at first, later enlarged to 749 cc, 850 cc and finally 998 cc. Drive was to the rear wheel via a two speed gearbox and chain drive. Early cars had a single brake. There was an updating in 1932 with styling by C F Beauvais and called the Luxury Sports with three speed gearbox and costing from £110. The previous models remained available. Car production survived until 1938. After World War II, a prototype codenamed Venus was made with flat four 747 cc engine never reached production.
The company still exists as AN Weaver (Coventry Victor) Ltd. They no longer manufacture engines but provide spares and offer a service to maintain those they made.